Thursday, November 6, 2008

No Matter Where You Are, This Is Something


Just a quick note.

I have purposefully decided, from the beginning, to keep much of my personal life out of this blog. This might fly contrary to what most blogs are about, but this was my decision. I do not go in depth on my personal life and the people in it. I do not express my feelings about family, religion or (ahem) politics. For me this blog is about information and sharing. It is also about educating a traveler and hopefully, enticing more travelers to discover this extraordinary city called Paris. That said, I can not go without expressing the incredible events of my native United States of America and it's landmark decision to vote Barack Obama as President. This election has been on the minds of the French and they have embraced President-Elect Obama with warm hearts. Before the election, I feel the French did not believe the U.S. respected and embraced Barack Obama as they did. Till the very end there seemed to be doubts among many French that Mr. Obama could win. Since the election the news has run non-stop with coverage of his victory and magazine have run his face on covers. The French seemed surprised, delight and some overjoyed. This decision has not only effected the United States, but it has sounded all over the world. No matter your political affiliation, you have to admit this is a momentous occasion and the beginning of a new era.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home