Tuesday, October 28, 2008

French Graffiti II
















I am usually not an advocate of graffiti and for the most part, I think France should have stricter laws against this act of vandalism. You can see graffiti as far as the countryside...it is truly unbelievable. But, in this case, because much of Paris' graffiti is of an old-school nature, I have something of a soft spot for it. Maybe it appeals to my inner break dancer, or that rogue tagger I so wanted to be when I was younger. Most likely now, it is the color that interests me. There are some streets near where I live that have some glorious graffiti, like what I am showing here. This is beyond the gang scribble we have grown accustomed to. This is "Beat Street" and "Breakin"! This is alive and vibrant. I also like the areas where posts have been torn away, leaving great colors. I got a few of those shots as well. I began this blog with sepia toned photos because that is what I usually work in. In time I have gone into color, but the color has to pop. Color has to say something for me to use it on the blog. It is nice to use the color photos now and then just to give a jolt. I think these fit the bill. Now, somebody give me a can of spray paint...I saw some bare wall in Belleville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home