Monday, May 31, 2010

Blurry Paris














Lately I have been having blurry vision. No, there is not cause for alarm, but it seems to only exist in regard that Paris seems blurry to me right now. It is like an old photograph slightly out of focus and with off coloring, yet it is still beautiful. Perhaps it is the time of the year, or that I am a bit tired and feeling slightly sentimental, but whatever it is, it's a nice feeling, like a re-awakening. Today I saw a tiny bluebird, something I have never seen before in my life. It was delightful, full of energy and song. It seemed to know I was interested because it kept flitting about over my head, trying to charm me...it worked. I envied it's energy. My energy has been lackluster for about a few months now. The winter was long and rather barren. School has taken up much of my time. Soon school will be over and I believe it to be a very good thing. I have always been a creator. If I am not making something, drawing something, photographing something, or whatever, I get depressed and I mean wallowing on the floor in severe misery type of depression. I have been fighting it since school has been going on. It is difficult to sit in a classroom for 3 and 4 hours at a time when I could be making something. Then on the weekends, all I want to do is rest, or see a movie, the things we all do in normal life. In a couple of more weeks I get my life back and hopefully I get back to enjoying Paris again. It's happening slowly. These pics are intentionally blurry. I just walked the streets and snapped what I saw without regard to focus or the color. I just wanted to feel Paris in a light, spirited way again. I have been visiting old favorite places and getting familiar again with what makes this city so beautiful. With blurry eyes, I am waking up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home