Saturday, November 21, 2009

Family and Paris

At the moment, my mother is visiting Paris for the first time. She always wanted to come here, going back to when she was a child. It has taken her some years to make the trip here happen, but as they say "Life Happens". Now that she is here in Paris for a visit, I am anxious to know what she really thinks of the city, the people, the attitude and the ambiance. Each day I ask, 'What do you think of the place?' only to get the same reply, "I'm still taking it all in..." I can understand this feeling. If you have never been to Paris and relied on the ideas, films and perceptions of such a place, the reality can hit you in a favorable or unfavorable way. I asked my mother if she was ready to go back home and she exclaimed "NO!" So, I guess this is good. Playing tour guide is a real job and I never realized just how much I remember about this city. I will fill you in on the outcome of her trip and what, if anything, I have learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home