Wednesday, January 27, 2010

After the Snow/Views of the Park









































This past Winter, Paris has had significant snowfall. Barely a week goes by where there is no snow, nor the threat of it and yet, for a city in which snowfall is relatively rare, people here seemed resigned and relaxed about it. Perhaps by now, it feels old hat. I took these photos a few weeks ago, after the last significant snowfall. The blue sky reflected in the snow reminded me of an old polaroid photo I took in college. I was in a park and took a photo of the snow. When the photo came out of the camera it was the most remarkable blue. I kept the photo for years, but have lost it at some point. Walking in the park near my apartment in Paris, I had one of those Proustian moments of recollection. I got my camera for pictures to remind me again, years from now, how beautiful and haunting a snowfall can be.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home