Monday, August 11, 2008

Arles





Visiting Arles was something of a revelation for me. Of course the city has been made famous by famous artists like Van Gogh and Picasso, but I never really imagined the history of such a place. There is a hushed elegance and rich spirit there that is a mix of France, Spain and Italy. It is very spanish. The ancient romans made it there and left their mark. The Corrida is still a major event in the ancient roman arena. The couturier Christian Lacroix is from there and knowing this, makes his color sense, ideas and humor more tangible. I took a few photos there, but must admit that I got too interested in what was around me to always remember to pick up the camera and snap. I will have to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home