Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Thinking Man's Chair-Musée Rodin Continues


This image is of a chair in the Musée Rodin. I assume that it was a personal chair of Auguste Rodin. It is old, worn (evidenced by the dangling cord), discolored, yet quietly moving. I took two photos, both blurred, but one more than the other. I prefer the more blurred one, but decided to show the slightly clearer one because it is less moody and more direct, which I think works best for this blog. As you can tell by the last posts I have placed here, I am still presenting the Musée Rodin. Granted, I did take a lot of photos on my last visit, but mostly I see these as part of a transition, a move to the next stage, both in my work and hopefully, this blog. It is Autumn now and Paris is much cooler with falling leaves and equally falling temperatures. Recently I took my last trip of the Summer, this time to New York. I could not help but notice contrasts and similarities between Paris and New York. In a way, the N.Y. trip was a refreshing shot for me. I fed on the energy there and this allowed me to return to Paris with fresh thoughts and ideas. It also left me with jet-lag which is why I have done very little to the blog this week. Still, just as happy as I was to be away, I am happy to be back. Let Autumn begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home