Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Salons Shiseido



Salons Shiseido @ Palais Royal- At the risk of sounding like a snob, I like fragrances, but only good ones. Every classic man and woman has used fragrances to enhance their mood and attraction. It is an important part of getting dressed, or at least it should be. I hate many of the new crop of fragrances that you can find at any retailer. They usually end up smelling vaguely like window cleaner mixed with Jovan Musk. Remember Jovan Musk? I blame the Christmas gifts my father got. Brut. English Leather. Jovan Musk and Chaps. I grew up in the 80's when every pre-teen had a bottle of Polo Ralph Lauren or Drakkar Noir in their locker, and we all sneaked a look at the racy Calvin Klein's Obsession ads. Since those beginnings, I have sought out the most unique scents. In another post I expressed my love for Salons Shiseido. The first fragrance I bought there was Cuir Mauresque. It is a combination of orange flower, tobacco and leather. It is completely masculine, warm and sensual. These fragrances do not follow the commonly used terms of "clean", "aquatic" or smelling like "nothing". These fragrances smell like something. They mix with your skin and conform to you. They do not over power and there is nothing sexier than when someone gets close enough to smell what you are wearing. They can never recall the name, but they never forget you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home